Cake Decorator Trainee
Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Cake Decorator Trainee
Date Posted: Jun 07, 2023
In this entry-level job, cake decorator trainees learn to create beautiful cakes, pies, and other desserts. As providers of excellent customer service, they work closely with customers and help them order cakes, answer questions, and make product recommedations. This role helps trainees prepare for a career as a Publix cake decorator.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Ices, decorates, packages, labels, and prices products for island refrigerator cases.
- Fills customer special orders, including wedding cakes.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Operates the Bakery department mixer.
- Follows Publix’s guidelines for cake decorators and maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation.
- Organizes and rotates stock in the decorator’s freezer.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Cake decorator apprentices perform their duties primarily in the Bakery department. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and environments. Work involves walking, standing, and lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds. Duties also include repetitive arm and hand movements and hand-squeezing for at least 85 percent of the work day, as well as interacting with customers and fellow associates.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Catering & Event Planning
Catering consultants are responsible for overseeing the event planning service at select retail locations. This includes consulting with businesses and …Retail
Meat & Seafood
Meat clerks focus on maintaining quality lunch meat and cheese cases. Seafood clerks are responsible for maintaining quality seafood cases. …Retail
Our professional bakers make the beautiful and delicious baked goods that Publix is known for. Whether they’re helping a customer …Retail
Our cashiers play a critical role in providing premier customer service. As the most visible of our associates, they greet …