Facilities Equipment Technician 2 – Bradenton, FL
Location: Bradenton, FL
Job ID: 26030BR
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2023
The purpose of this position is to support our retail stores by performing repairs and preventative maintenance on production equipment in the Bakery, Produce, Meat departments, Deli, and common areas.
- Responsible for evaluating and making repairs on Retail equipment
- Responsible for providing support to our New stores, Remodels and PAD Programs for our company
- Responsible for housekeeping, which includes vehicle inventory and cleaning, credit card statements and other paperwork associated with this position.
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Three years’ experience in using mechanical/electrical troubleshooting and diagnosis of food preparation equipment.
- Must be at least 20 years old and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have and be able to maintain an excellent driving record
- Must have or obtain Natural/Propane Gas certifications within 180 days of hire
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Willingness to be on call 24/7 when an emergency arises
- Willingness to travel to stores throughout the retail division, including nights, weekend, Holidays, overnight stays and extended periods of time as required.
- Basic knowledge in Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
- Basic knowledge in Food Safety
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all equipment being serviced. This includes Electrical, Plumbing, Brazing, Mechanical,
Natural and Propane Gas
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written or electronic format
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel)
- Good human relation skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member)
- Show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and a
- Commitment to Publix and our Mission.
- Degree in electrical motor control repairs from an Industrial Mechanical Trade School
- Six or more years’ experience with mechanical/electrical troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Knowledge of CMMS computer program
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
- This position covers Bradenton, FL in Manatee County, applicant must reside within this area.
- Extensive travel required during training
- Must supply own hand tools
Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Retail Maintenance Coordinator – Martin/ Indian River/ St. Lucy County
The Retail Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance of store equipment and systems across several different disciplines …Facilities
Refrigeration Technician 3, Facilities Refrigeration – Orlando
We are seeking a Refrigeration Technician 3 to join our Facilities Refrigeration team! Refrigeration Technician 3s provide expert support to …Facilities
Refrigeration Technician 1, Facilities Refrigeration – Orlando
We are seeking a Refrigeration Technician 1 to join our Facilities Refrigeration team! The Refrigeration Technician 1 assists the Refrigeration …Facilities
Facilities Equipment Technician 2 – Atlanta
The purpose of this position is to support our retail stores by performing repairs and preventative maintenance on production equipment …