IT Disaster Recovery Planner
Location: Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa
Job ID: 25654BR
Department: Publix Technology
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2023
Join the Publix IT Team as a Disaster Recovery Planner where you will be responsible for ensuring the department is prepared to recover critical IT systems in the event of a disaster. Using a technical knowledge of data center network, server, VSAN, and SAN architecture along with an understanding of enterprise applications, you will work with various IT teams to ensure their documented recovery procedures support the overall disaster recovery strategy. Additional responsibilities will include supporting I/S emergency response activities; preparing executive summaries for disaster recovery exercises; and training large and small groups of information system associates on disaster recovery planning and testing and best practices.
- Manage the review of Disaster Recovery Plans and supporting documentation with cross functional teams for critical systems deployed across multiple platforms including public and private cloud solutions.
- Lead coordination of disaster recovery testing and validation activities
- Manage documentation to support Emergency Response Team efforts that are enacted for hurricanes, snowstorms, etc.
- Provide support and subject matter expertise on disaster recovery processes and procedures
- Maintain recovery documentation for critical applications deployed on premise (private cloud and legacy systems) and to public cloud solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field, or equivalent experience,
- 3 years of business systems analysis experience
- Understanding of modern data center architecture,
- Ability to comprehend disaster recovery concepts and develop solutions,
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking,
- Highly developed analytical abilities,
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to a common goal,
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels of management,
- High degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity,
- Excel in high pressure situations, and
- Outstanding human relation skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member).
- Certification in IT DR Planning,
- Knowledge of public and private cloud computing architecture as it relates to disaster recovery,
- Experience developing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans for hybrid architecture,
- Knowledge of data center network, server, VSAN, and SAN replication architecture in a modern data center,
- Experience developing and delivering training, and
- Experience developing structured documents for audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please note that Publix will not sponsor any hire for this position for an H-1B visa or permanent residence.
Principal Quality Assurance Engineer – In-Store Ordering
Join the Publix IT Team as a Principal Quality Assurance Engineer where you will be responsible for planning testing efforts …Publix Technology
Senior Cloud Data Engineer – Azure/Databricks
Participate in Enterprise Data Warehouse and business application team projects with a focus on gathering requirements, design, development, and implementation …Publix Technology
Principal QA Engineer – Pharmacy Analytics & Compliance
Our Pharmacy Analytics and Compliance team is looking for a Principal QA Engineer to join the PAC team to support …Publix Technology
Sr-Lead Product Owner – Store Accounting
We are seeking a highly analytical Product Owner/Project Lead who will be responsible for facilitating, leading, and working closely with …