Lead-Principal Software Engineer – Cloud Engineering – Remote
Location: Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa
Job ID: 25838BR
Department: Publix Technology
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2023
Publix is able to offer virtual/remote employment for this position in the following states: FL, GA, AL, TN, SC, NC, VA.
As a Lead-Principal Software Engineer on the Digital Infrastructure Cloud Engineering (DICE) team you will:
- Perform systems analysis to help the architecture team understand existing systems and provide recommendations and documentation on enhancements, migrations, or new sub-systems development.
- Author and review architecture and dataflow diagrams.
- Draft and review internal architecture and design documents.
- Draft and review network security diagrams and security plans.
- Support existing Publix systems software by implementing enhancement, support and maintenance code.
- Develop POCs that target App development in Azure utilizing the .NET stack, primarily in C#.
- Develop POCs implementing solutions using Azure Data Factories, Databricks (mostly Python/PySpark language) and Snowflake (this is a new tool being rolled out).
- Engage with existing delivery teams to create new code (mostly C#) to enhance existing codebase.
- Follow application lifecycle management process used (agile/scrum/waterfall) depending on team and system.
- Use DevOps to create Terraform scripts and CI/CD YAML pipelines.
- Work on infrastructure monitoring systems that cover deployed systems on-prem, in the cloud and/or on AKS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Analysis, Design and Coding in a lifecycle environment.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Object Oriented Development/Programming (OOD/OOP).
- Minimum 7 years of experience using C# .NET.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing, building, and implementing stable, high-quality, high-performance applications in Azure.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with ASP.NET Web API.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with DevOps (VSTS/Git) and deploying solutions to Azure.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) – Terraform
- Participate in the design, road map, and support of applications in the cloud namely with Azure.
- Able to generate hybrid system diagrams given system requirements.
- Able to consult and provide guidance to development teams on architectural and security initiatives/documentation.
- Able to create Proof of Concept (POC) solutions given minimal requirements.
- Able to debug and resolve complex issues in cloud environments for business-critical applications.
- Monitor, maintain and manage High Availability applications in a production environment on the cloud.
- Strong applied analytics and problem-solving skills.
- 2+ yrs. hands-on experience with infrastructure automation for continuous integration and continuous deployment of technical solutions leveraging Azure Services and Features.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with technical writing (requirements documents, diagraming, etc.).
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Monitoring, Dashboarding and Alerting systems like Dynatrace, Azure Monitoring and Splunk.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) – Terraform.
- Able develop Azure solutions utilizing Compute (App Service, Function Apps, etc.), Data (Storage, Data Lake, Cosmos DB, etc.) and Analytics (Databricks, Data Factory, etc.) resources.
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Paid Parental Leave
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
IT Disaster Recovery Planner
Join the Publix IT Team as a Disaster Recovery Planner where you will be responsible for ensuring the department is …Publix Technology
ISTS Support Technician – Columbia, SC
This position will provide IT technical support for the Columbia, SC area to primarily include installation, and repair and preventive …Publix Technology
Sr-Principal QA Engineer – Dist. & Item Management
Publix is looking to hire Senior and Principal QA Engineers across our Technology department who are strong in manual testing.A …Publix Technology
Senior Cloud Data Engineer – Azure/Databricks
Participate in Enterprise Data Warehouse and business application team projects with a focus on gathering requirements, design, development, and implementation …