Quality Assurance Engineer- Publix.com
Location: Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa
Job ID: 25214BR
Department: Publix Technology
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2023
Software Quality Assurance Engineer will join a fast-paced team of 20 testers who safeguard and deliver quality assured development through manual testing of the Publix.com website and Mobile app.
Our offices are in Downtown Lakeland and are newly remodeled with a modern flare including standing/sitting desks, collaborative workstations, and lighting. Telecommuting options are also offered on certain days of the week.
The ideal candidate will be experienced QA for a scrum team, working with developers, requirements analysts, cross-functional teams, and QA testers, coordinating the testing work among them. We are seeking someone who has knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes and is comfortable working in an environment that releases code to production regularly and rapidly.
This position will analyze enhancements/ new features on the Publix.com website and validate those changes making sure they match the acceptance criteria. As part of job responsibilities candidate will perform hands on testing and oversee execution of moderately complex manual and automated tests.
The following traits/abilities are essential to this position
- Ability to communicate clearly in chats, documents, and emails
- Ability to verbally relay information in meetings accurately and with clarity
- Ability to multi-task and juggle different sprint priorities in a fast-paced team.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow team processes
- Ability to capture exact steps to recreate bugs within Azure DevOps
- Keen eye to detail in catching hard to find issues testing edge case scenarios.
Daily activities include:
- Test Planning – Work with the scrum team to understand user stories in current sprint and estimate time needed to test each item. Attend refinements to provide QA effort level on user stories and review/explain any bugs that you created for accurate pointing.
- Test Analysis and Test Case Creation – Review user story acceptance criteria and asks questions on what may be unclear or missed requirements. Write or update test cases based on changes coming in from those stories.
- Test New Features – Review daily builds and execute tests on various desktop browsers and mobile devices (iPhone and Android). Log defects on what does not meet requirements. Communicate with developers on findings. Re-test fixes when available.
Test Regression – Learn business rules for the various functional areas of Publix.com website and Mobile App to regression test impacted areas as well as regression support for monthly production releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Sciences or a related analytical discipline, or four years equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience testing web based/ internet-facing applications on cross-platform desktop/mobile browsers and devices such as iOS and Android.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience doing test analysis, execution planning, and test case development.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience leading QA for small projects.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience in writing SQL queries and performing database validations.
- 1+ year experience using a web-based development tracking tool for managing identified bugs and defects, such as JIRA, Azure DevOps.
- 1+ year experience working on an agile/scrum development team
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to interact successfully with various team members and management
- Presentation ability to demonstrate recent changes during Sprint Reviews and team meetings.
- Familiarity with automated web-based and mobile web testing.
- Experience with API validations using Postman.
- Experience with ADA compliance tools to validate websites and mobile apps.
- 3+ years of software testing and quality assurance experience in validating web applications.
- 1+ year experience writing test scripts using BDD such as Cucumber/ SpecFlow Gherkin.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
***Relocation/Household Good Shipment Allowance will NOT be provided.***
Please note that Publix will not sponsor any hire for this position for an H-1B visa or permanent residence.
IT Delivery Manager – Transportation
Manage application development and tier 3 system support for the Transportation Systems (IT) portfolioManage the development and delivery of software …Publix Technology
.NET Intermediate-Senior Software Engineer – Supply Chain Platform
Join the Publix Technology Team as a platform specialist and .Net software engineer where you will be part of an …Publix Technology
Sr-Lead Product Owner – Store Accounting
We are seeking a highly analytical Product Owner/Project Lead who will be responsible for facilitating, leading, and working closely with …Publix Technology
Quality Assurance Engineer- Publix.com
Software Quality Assurance Engineer will join a fast-paced team of 20 testers who safeguard and deliver quality assured development through …