Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Pharmacy Technician
Date Posted: Jun 08, 2023
A career as a Publix Pharmacy technician goes beyond assisting pharmacists with dispensing medications. Our technicians play a key role in our patients’ overall health and well-being. They receive paid on-the-job training to grow their skills and support valuable services such as immunizations, health screenings, and medication therapy management for the people in their communities. Our premier customer service and personal interaction are why patients choose the Publix Pharmacy.
- A career in a patient-centered healthcare environment.
- Opportunities for advancement into our specialty pharmacy, central pharmacy, retail pharmacies, outpatient hospital pharmacies, and corporate positions.
- State-of-the-art pharmacy system.
- Charitable, community-focused culture.
- Unparalleled growth and stability.
- Ownership in the largest employee-owned supermarket in the nation.
- Paid on-the-job training
- Premium pay for nationally certified technicians
- Annual holiday bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free continuing education
- Seven holidays off
- Group health, vision, and dental insurance plans
- Stock purchase plan
- Stock ownership/retirement plan
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet customers and respond to questions and requests for information.
- Order and receive prescription drugs and supplies.
- Initiate refill requests.
- Ensure that product is rotated, within date, and properly displayed.
- Count and label prescription drugs and supplies.
- Generate third-party billing in print and electronic formats and reconcile weekly.
- Properly dispose of outdated, discontinued, and/or unsaleable merchandise.
- Keep records using computerized and hard copy systems.
- Reconcile insurance discrepancies.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the above duties are completed in compliance with Publix policy and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Satisfaction of requirements for an active pharmacy technician registration or license, as required by the pharmacy board in the current state of operation.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read and do simple math problems.
- Ability to enter data in a computer accurately.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Previous experience at Publix.
- A passion for helping people.
If you are seeking a career as a Publix Pharmacy technician, see our job openings to determine whether a store within your preferred area is hiring for a Pharmacy technician.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Cake Decorator Trainee
In this entry-level job, cake decorator trainees learn to create beautiful cakes, pies, and other desserts. As providers of excellent …Retail
Our Bakery Clerks devote their attention to offering eye-catching fresh Bakery products, including breads, rolls, and more.Retail
A Publix Pharmacy Technician goes beyond simply dispensing medications—our technicians play a key role in our patients’ overall health and …Retail
Body care specialists are considered experts in personal care products. They work in select locations and actively sell products to …