Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Specialty Products
Date Posted: Jun 08, 2023
Body care specialists are considered experts in personal care products. They work in select locations and actively sell products to customers by engaging with them and providing product recommendations. Other duties include unloading trucks, stocking and rotating products on shelves, and helping other departments when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the grocery manager to set goals and improve sales of personal care products.
- Monitors and understands key area business results.
- Assists customers and delivers premier customer service.
- Dynamically sells product through the following:
- Actively approaches and remains accessible to customers in the personal care area to engage customers and use suggestive selling to persuade them to try new products.
- Uses in-depth product expertise to make recommendations to assist customers, based on observation and information provided by customer.
- Conducts random and scheduled count batches and records inventory transactions to maintain an accurate quantity on hand
- Executes back room and sales floor organization based on the grocery manager’s plan.
- Submits manual product orders, when necessary.
- Reviews and manages forecasts.
- Reviews and manages system-generated orders and makes adjustments as needed.
- Stocks product on shelves.
- Maintains and updates shelf planograms.
- Ensures product is rotated, within date, and properly displayed on shelves.
- Trains grocery clerks in the personal care area.
- Operates a pallet jack, scissor lift, baler.
- At least 18 years of age
- Experience as a grocery clerk, DSD inventory clerk, scan/price clerk or equivalent experience outside of Publix
- Advanced selling skills
- Extensive experience and knowledge of personal care products
- Ability to deliver friendly and courteous customer service
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
To get started, select Apply Now, search for a specific store in your area, and select Specialty Products as your job interest.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Our Baker Apprentices (or Trainees) have the opportunity to learn to make delicious, high-quality Bakery products and interact with our …Retail
Meat & Seafood
Meat clerks focus on maintaining quality lunch meat and cheese cases. Seafood clerks are responsible for maintaining quality seafood cases. …Retail
Meat Cutter / Butcher
Publix Meat Cutters cut a wide variety of meats according to company policy and customer preference. Our Meat Cutters are …Retail
Our Bakery Clerks devote their attention to offering eye-catching fresh Bakery products, including breads, rolls, and more.