Front Service Clerk
Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Front Service Clerk
Date Posted: Jun 07, 2023
Our front service clerks, or baggers, are one of the reasons why customers shop at Publix. They play an important role in ensuring complete customer satisfaction whether they’re greeting a customer, providing carryout service to a customer’s vehicle, or helping locate an item on the shelf. A desire to help others, take on new responsibilities, and learn our high standards is key to be successful in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Bags groceries.
- Takes customer carts to the parking lot and unloads groceries into customer vehicles.
- Carries bags to customer vehicles when necessary.
- Helps customers locate products throughout the store.
- Restocks bags.
- Retrieves shopping carts from the parking lot.
- Assists in cleaning duties as assigned.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 14 years of age.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
Front service clerks perform their duties primarily at the front end of the store, with exposure to various temperature changes due to outside weather conditions. Work involves repetitive arm and hand movements; frequent lifting, standing, bending, and walking; and continuous interaction with customers and fellow associates.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Front Service Clerk
Our front service clerks, or baggers, are one of the reasons why customers shop at Publix. They play an important …Retail
Meat Cutter Trainee
Meat cutter trainees are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. They cut and …Retail
From blooms to balloons, our Floral Clerks ensure proper care and presentation of our flower and plant products and balloons. …Retail
Cake Decorator Trainee
In this entry-level job, cake decorator trainees learn to create beautiful cakes, pies, and other desserts. As providers of excellent …